Read Mark 4:35-41
35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat.There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
- What do you see God doing in this passage?
- What role does humanity play?
- What is happening in this passage? What things are emphasized, repeated, related?
- What did you learn about God’s character?
- What can I learn from this passage?
- What do I need to do, empowered by the Spirit, as a result of what I’ve learned?
Pray through the passage and your application, asking God to change your heart and to change your life, based on the time you’ve spent in God’s Word.