Read Acts 11:21-26
21 The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
22 News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23 When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24 He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.
25 Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
- What do you see God doing in this passage?
- What role does humanity play?
- What is happening in this passage? What things are emphasized, repeated, related?
- What did you learn about God’s character?
- What can I learn from this passage?
- What do I need to do, empowered by the Spirit, as a result of what I’ve learned?
Pray through the passage and your application, asking God to change your heart and to change your life, based on the time you’ve spent in God’s Word.