Read Exodus 23
1 “Do not spread false reports. Do not help a guilty person by being a malicious witness.
2 “Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.
6 “Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits. 7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.
8 “Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds those who see and twists the words of the innocent.
9 “Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt.
- What do you see God doing in this passage?
- What role does humanity play?
- What is happening in this passage? What things are emphasized, repeated, related?
- What did you learn about God’s character?
- What can I learn from this passage?
- What do I need to do, empowered by the Spirit, as a result of what I’ve learned?
Pray through the passage and your application, asking God to change your heart and to change your life, based on the time you’ve spent in God’s Word.