Read Psalm 27:1-7
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
4 One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.
7 Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
- What do you see God doing in this passage?
- What role does humanity play?
- What is happening in this passage? What things are emphasized, repeated, related?
- What did you learn about God’s character?
- What can I learn from this passage?
- What do I need to do, empowered by the Spirit, as a result of what I’ve learned?
Pray through the passage and your application, asking God to change your heart and to change your life, based on the time you’ve spent in God’s Word.